Water and Your Health
Doctors Recommend That We Drink At Least 6-8 Glasses of Water Per Day
- Clean water increases the body’s endurance and energy levels.
- Clean water promotes digestion and elimination.
- Clean water regulates the body’s temperature.
- Clean water carries nutrients, oxygen and disease fighting antibodies throughout the body.
Are You Drinking Enough Water Every Day?
- 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
- In 37% of Americans the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
- Even MILD dehydration will slow down the metabolism as much as 3%.
- One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of dieters in a University of Washington study.
- Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
- Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short term memory, trouble with basic math and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or a printed page.
- Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79% and decrease the likelihood of developing bladder cancer by 50%.
Protect Your Water From Chemicals and Pollutants
- Know what different chemicals the city is using to treat your water.
- Guard your pipes, fixtures, appliances and clothes from excessive wear and premature failure.
- Be aware of how your water is affecting your health and home.
- Choose a company that has longevity and a large inventory.
- Visit the company’s location before purchasing any system.
- Do business with a full time water professional only.
Every year a growing number of people are turning to Home Water Treatment Systems to ensure safe, clean, fresh drinking water for their families. Hereʼs why:
Water is one of the simplest substances known to man, yet one of the most critical to our health and survival. It is also one of the easiest substances to contaminate.
Water has a tendency to dissolve a little of everything it comes in contact with, from beneficial elements to harmful chemicals, minerals and contaminates. Some of these impurities include insecticides, herbicides and poisons, while others occur naturally in water.
These harmful substances enter our water supplies through:
- aging municipal water treatment systems
- ground water wells
- internal home plumbing systems
- industrial sources
Technological wastes have polluted our water and could be the cause of many of our diseases. Numerous EPA regulations were developed in response to studies that found suspected cancer causing chemicals in municipal drinking water supplies. These chemicals called Trihalomethanes (THMʼs) have been linked to cancer in laboratory animals. THMʼs also include chloroform, aldrin, dieldrin, DDT, EDG, carbon tetrachloride, benzene and many others. Some THMʼs are formed when natural substances such as decaying leaves or sewage mix with chlorine, which is used as a disinfectant in municipal water treatment.
The public demands quality water in their homes because their families want and need:
- cleaner, fresher, tastier drinking and cooking water
- better tasting coffee, tea, soups and ice
- chlorine free and contaminant free showers and baths
- crystal clear water throughout their home
- objectionable taste and odors removed
- reduced maintenance costs for the kitchen and bathroom fixtures caused by chlorine and chloramines
Carbon filters are among the most common home water treatment systems because of their effectiveness, ease of use and cost efficiency. Household carbon filters can significantly improve the quality of household water for just pennies per gallon. It is a convenient and effective means of removing offensive tastes and odors as well as a wide range of organic materials and certain hazardous contaminants from drinking and bath waters. Carbon filters provide clean, fresh tasting water that will enhance the aroma and flavor of coffee, tea, juices, soups and other drinks as well as ice cubes.